Hi! Mi name is Alan Rynne, I’m a Building Engineer with a Master’s Degree in Parametric Design in Architecture currently located in Barcelona (Spain).
I am a Building Engineer with a broad skillset ranging from Architectural Design & Construction Management to Web & Software Development; I have a keen eye for detail and experience in sales and client relationships.
I am also a quick study with a proactive mentality and am passionate about rationalizing freeform surfaces in Architecture; optimizing structural behavior and construction processes; and developing new tools with C# to help in those tasks.
Areas of expertise
- Complex 3D Modeling
- Computational Form-Finding &
- Structural Design
- Design of Discrete Assemblies
- Construction Management
- Python & C# Programming
- Interactive Architectural & Data Visualizations
- Workflow Optimization
- Building Engineer (Arquitecto Técnico) - Graduated in 2011 (UEM).
- Master’s Degree in Parametric Architecture - Graduated in 2018 (UPC).
- Rhino + Grasshopper3D
- Revit BIM + Dynamo
- ArchiCAD (including Grasshopper3D interoperability) • AutoCAD
- CYPE (Structural, MEP, Cost-Control)
- Microsoft Office Package (& Macros)
- Programming Environments: XCode & Visual Studio • Unreal Engine
- Web animations
- CMS platforms (Wordpress, Magento)
Programming languages (in order of skill):
- C# (Scripting & App Development) • Python
- HTML5 & CSS
- Apple’s Swift + Obj-C
If you still want to know more about me, you can…